Connecting with and clearing your crystals can play an important role in establishing a healing relationship between you and your crystals.
Have you been ever been drawn to the mystical power of crystals? Crystals have powerful energies that when we are open to exploring their potential, we may use to aid ourselves and the many situations in our lives.
If you want to enjoy the magick that is working with crystals, you need to discover how to connect and work in harmony with your crystals, and how to cleanse and clear them. This article will cover this and provide you with a few examples of crystals that can be used for certain purposes.
Firstly, all crystals have healing properties. So it is extremely important to make sure that your crystal is cleansed and cleared on a regular basis. When we do this your crystal will give you the optimum amount of healing energy that it can harness, without any interference from external energies that have been picked up by the crystal.
It is important to note that crystals absorb all types of energy; the man who dug them out of the earth, the person who polished it and prepared it for sale, and any other person who may have come into contact with it. So clearing the crystal of any foreign energy is important. If they haven’t been cleared, then they may reflect negative energy belonging to someone else and this may be reflected back to you, doing more harm than good.
Clearing & Cleansing Your Crystals
Clearing your crystal at least once a month will help to ensure its optimal purpose, although if it is a crystal that you use a lot (for example if you wear a certain crystal on a daily basis) then once a week might be beneficial to ensure the crystals energetic integrity.
The best ways to clear your crystals:
- White lighting and your intention – hold the crystal in your non-dominant hand and place your dominant hand over the top. Imagine reaching up and drawing down milky white universal light from above you down onto your hands and the crystal. Repeat this three times with the intention to cleanse and clear the crystal. You should feel a buzzing or subtle vibration as the energy shifts. If you feel inclined, repeat a fourth time, this time with healing green energy. The intention is to provide the crystal with a healing. It’ll love your for it, promise!
- Smudging the crystals with sage or frankincense – these are master clearing plants, who will clear the crystal’s auric field, although smudging may not always clear the crystal internally. It depends on how congested the crystal is. Trust your intuition.
- Salt water – allowing your crystals to bathe in salt water is a good way to cleanse, but it is important that the salt is of high quality, like Himalayan or Celtic salt.
- Seawater – taking your crystals to the ocean and allowing them to be cleared by the naturally salty water of the sea.
- Earthing – popping your crystal back into the earth for 1-2 days can be extremely powerful and some people swear by this to fully cleanse and clear my crystals. **As crystals are naturally from the earth, it is a great place for them to go to be restored, reset and cleared due to negative ions emitted by the earth. Crystals can be buried together – just make sure you put a marker where you buried them so they don’t become lost!
Another important factor to note is that the sun and moon don’t clear crystals. They do most certainly energize them though. My preference is to use solar energy instead of luna energy for mine, as the moon tends to reflect solar energy, rather than being an energy source on its own – so moon energy is second hand energy in my books! Just remember to clear the crystals first so they have room to absorb beautiful energizing sun energy.
Building an Active Relationship with Crystals
Building a relationship with each and every one of your crystals is so important. When you do, you it helps to heal each other and build a harmonious relationship together full of mutual understanding. I frequently talk to my crystals, and sometimes they even answer me back – of course, in their own unique way. You don’t need specialist skills of spirit communication to do this, but it does make things easier!
Types of crystals each have their own personalities and are known to reflect specific uses and healing properties that can be used as a guide, although not all crystals work the same with everybody. This is due to the wide variety of energies us humans encompass!
To build a working relationship with your crystal it is extremely important to sit with each crystal, and see how it works and resonates with you. Make sure you take care to notice the subtle changes in your body and energy field when you connect with it. After doing this you can set an intention with the crystal, so that it knows how you would like its help. This allows the crystal to direct its energies to that area with more ease.
Here is a great way to attune and programme your crystals:
- Take a few slow deep breaths to centre and ground yourself while holding the crystal in your hands
- Begin rubbing the crystal in between your hands back and forth, so that you are connecting your warm energy with it, acquainting yourself and the crystal
- Call for the Spirit of the crystal to be in the crystal.
Ask the crystal if it will communicate with you. If it feels ok, continue with the next steps. If the crystal still feels a little blocked or negative, it may require more healing before it will work with you.
- Tell it your name and set your intention by asking what you would like it to help you with/how you would like to work with it – this is a great way to programme the crystal, and showing respect and gratitude for the crystal plays an important role in this.
- Continue breathing slowly and deeply into your belly, and as you breathe out allow your energy to move up through your heart, down your arms, and into the crystal from your hands, continue this for a few more breaths.
- While sending your energy down into the crystal, as you breathe in begin to receive the energy from the crystal, feel it moving from the crystal into your hands, up your arms, through your heart, and down into your belly.
- Continue this for as long as you feel inclined, and after a while just sit with the crystal and notice what you feel from it.
- The crystal is now ready to work with you anytime you indicate. As it begins to feel congested with energy (dense/dark/unresponsive), repeat the cleansing, clearing and energizing techniques.
What Crystals Work for What?
Here is a short list of suggested crystals to work with for certain purposes:
- Amethyst – is a very spiritual stone that holds many healing properties, especially emotional healing as it provides a connection between you and the Divine. It has an incredibly high frequency, allowing for purification of the aura from any negative energies. Amethyst works with the Third Eye and Crown chakras helping one to develop intuitively and creatively, while being an extremely calming and soothing stone to the mind. This is a great stone for people suffering from insomnia or bad dreams. Simply stick it under your pillow or next to you as you sleep. It is also excellent for meditation.
- Tourmaline – this is an important protecting and grounding stone, as it purifies and protects your energy from anything that is not yours, providing you with a shield, while also grounding your mind, body and spirit as it works to connect the Root chakra with the Earth. Typically tourmaline comes in a variety of colours. Black tourmaline is the most common and strongest for protection from overbearing situations.
- Rose Quartz – this is the stone of Love. It works directly with the heart chakra, helping to open
you up to unconditional love in all aspects of your life. It is a mothering crystal that helps to nurture oneself. Rose quartz is excellent for meditation, especially those focusing on self or divine love.
- Tiger’s Eye – this stone is also a stone of protection and grounding. It stabilizes your energy and can help with one’s self-confidence and willpower, while also being said to bring prosperity. It is said to be great to travel with due to its protective properties.
- Selenite – this stone is associated with mental clarity, allowing for strong decision making abilities, while encouraging truth and honesty. It is a great stone for removing energetic blocks from the physical and energy bodies, while enhancing the healing properties of other stones as it can help to clear and charge them. Selenite is great to have next to any electronic devices as it absorbs the electro-magnetic fields put out by these devices. You can also use a selenite to help clear your energy field and the energy of rooms of dense and dark energy simply by holding it and white lighting it. It is also an energy expander for meditation.
- Lapis Lazuli – helps to create a strong spiritual connection, allowing for communication between the physical and celestial planes. It enhances psychic abilities and manifestation, while allowing for emotional resolve as it strengthens the mind. This stone is also has many protective energies – especially from psychic attacks. Another stone that is awesome for expansive and ascension meditations.
Some of these crystals help to expand your energy, while others help to enclose and contain your energy (such as the grounding and protecting crystals). It is important to know what your crystals are doing with your energy, so that you may pick the best one for you.
I hope that this will begin a harmonious and beautiful connection with you and your crystals, so that you are able to work together as a team, both benefiting from the energies and healing properties that you bring each other.
Yours in Spiritual evolution,
Dana & the Spirit Butterfly Team xx.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dana Parker is a natural intuitive with an inquisitive mind and desire to see the world for what it truly is.
Her quest to know about things, and about people, has taught her that the most valuable thing we can do, is know ourselves, so that we can then truly know others.
Like many, Dana has experienced true and debilitating fear during large parts of her life. And through this, she has discovered spirit and evolved to be a talented psychic medium, past-life regression therapist, movement and energetics therapist and healer. After discovering the value of spirit work for herself, she became determined to facilitate this experience for others.
Her clients are now also strong advocates of her work, after experiencing significant shifts following only one session.
Dana is a certified regression therapist, and has studied with the Australian regression therapy pioneer, Toni Reilly (of Soul Life) and the infamous Dr Brian Weiss (author of Many Lives, Many Masters).
ABOUT THE CO-AUTHOR
Eloise (Ellie) Fielke is passionate about spirit work and connecting with ones intuition to allow for the abundance life can bring.
Her mission is to bring healing and knowledge to the planet. After dealing with multiple health issues she is now driven to do spirit work by the innate healing capabilities and powers we as humans encompass, especially once connected with spirit. She is inspired and motivated by the true joy and knowledge spirit can bring to our lives, which can allow for emotional resolve and the deepest healing of ones being.
She is currently undergoing psychic and mediumship training, and has also undergone various shamanic trainings.